Branch 292 Activity Summary
In 2022 Branch 292 had over 1,500 Legion members and continued to revitalize, our Branch after two years of Covid disruption. The Branch is committed to providing a safe and congenial environment for Legion Members and their guests.
The Branch is also community oriented and annually provides more than $45,000 to local charities (with a focus on veterans and their families) and in 2022 Branch 292 provided in excess of 12,500 meals to Legion Members and their guests.
The Branch is also home to the local Poppy Fund and one of the local Legions supporting the Campaign; a funding drive which raised more than $260,000 in 2022. Funds which will be used exclusively to assist local veterans and their families.
More Specifics on What the Branch Does:
- Branch 292 strives to assist in the care and benefits of local veterans who served Canada, providing financial support to local charities working with veterans & their families.
- Branch 292 also provides representation and assistance to veterans, including those currently serving Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, and their families in seeking access to established federal government assistance.
- Branch 292 provides direct financial support to various local charities targeting delivery to assist veterans & their families.
- Branch 292 supports local youth in sporting activities.
- Branch 292 awards student bursaries in support of local youth education.